The Global State of Harm Reduction is the only report that provides an independent analysis of harm reduction in the world. Now in its the eighth edition, the Global State of Harm Reduction 2022 is the most comprehensive global mapping of harm reduction responses to drug use, HIV and viral hepatitis.
- Forewords by UNAIDS Executive Director, Winnie Byanyima, and Ukranian community representative, Anton Basenko.
- Data on the availability of safer smoking kits & stimulant pharmacotherapy, for the first time.
- A chapter on the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on harm reduction.
- Data on the number of people who inject drugs and the number of people in prison for drug use globally.
- Key legal/policy developments related to harm reduction and drug policy.